Robitussin Chesty Cough Forte provides symptomatic relief from the family’s congested chests and coughs due to the common cold.Robitussin Chesty Cough Forte contains the expectorant Guaiphenesin which increases the flow of natural secretions along the lower respiratory tract.
It also contains bromhexine hydrochloride to liquefy and breakdown the secretions. This combination helps break up a cough – helps loosen congestion so you can cough it up and get it off your chest.
Each 10ml of oral liquid contains:
Bromhexine Hydrochloride 8mg
Saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sorbitol
Over 12 years: 10ml Every 8 hours as necessary (maximum 3 times a day)
6-12 years: 5ml Every 8 hours as necessary (maximum 3 times a day)
Under 6 years: Do not use
Consult your doctor if you:
- Are taking other medication to treat coughs and colds
- For children under 12 years of age
- Are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients
- Have a cough with excessive phlegm
- Are pregnant or nursing a baby
- Have a history of gastric ulcer
- Have a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with: smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema
Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
If symptoms persist, side effects develop or you have an allergic reaction, stop and see your doctor or pharmacist immediately or contact Pfizer NZ Ltd 0800 447 400