Formulated with a lower concentration of active ingredient to relieve little blocked noses. Perfect for children who favour a spray format.
Otrivin Junior Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing nasal congestion.
For children aged 6-11 years: 2 sprays per nostril, use 2-3 times daily, as necessary. Do not use more often than every 8 hours. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Before first use, remove protective cap and press applicator until an even spray is produced.
- Clear nose of mucus by wiping, or have child blow nose gently.
- Insert nozzle into nostril and press applicator firmly once.
- Children old enough to understand should be told to sniff during application.
- Withdraw nozzle and release applicator. Repeat in other nostril. Wipe nozzle and replace cap
Do not use
· In children under 6 years of age.
· If you are allergic to xylometazoline
· After recent operations through the nose or mouth
· If you have narrow angle glaucoma
· If you have inflammatory nasal dryness
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
· If you are pregnant or breast feeding
· If you have any other medical conditions.
· If you are taking other medicines
Warnings & cautions
· If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
· Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
· Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
· Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
· Excessive use may damage lining of nose
· If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use
Otrivin Junior Nasal Spray is available in 10 mL packs. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use after the expiry date stated on the bottle. Store below 30ºC.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.5 mg/mL), benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dedecahydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol, methlyhydroxypropylcellulose and purified water