Nodia tablets contain loperamide hydrochloride, a medicine that makes the stools more solid and less frequent. It does this by restoring the muscle contractions of the intestine to normal. This allows the bowel time to absorb water and produce a more solid stool.
Same active ingredient as Imodium
Adult dose: 2 tablets initially, then 1 tablet as needed after each soft stool. Do not exceed 8 tablets per day.
- Read the label and use only as directed, If symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare professional.
- Do not give NODIA to children under the age of 12 years.
- Before you take it:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have allergies to any other medicines, foods, preservatives or dyes. Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body; rash, itching or hives on the skin.
Also tell your doctor or pharmacist if you:
– are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant
– are breastfeeding.
– have or have ever had liver disease
– have kidney disease
– have AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome)
– have glaucoma (high pressure in the eye)
– have bladder problems
– regularly drink a lot of alcohol.